The internet has made many things easier for us, and finding a good bargain on a holiday is one of them. There are so many sites available where you will be able to search through various holidays and find much cheaper options than you would by booking through a travel agent. However, you will need to ensure that you stay safe when booking and don’t fall for a scam. Here are some tips:
- Look for reviews. There are lots of review sites available where you will be able to read about other people’s experiences. Companies that have lots of negative reviews are probably not trustworthy.
- Find sites yourself and don’t rely on marketing emails. It is very easy for people to send spam via email that will lure you in and take you through to a fake website.
- Speak to someone in person. If you aren’t sure about the legitimacy of a site, call them on the relevant number. A lack of contact details is probably a warning sign.
- Check that the holidays have all of the correct accreditations. The main ones to look out for are ABTA and ATOL.
- Ask people for websites that they recommend. By taking recommendations, you know that the site you’re using has been used by others is legitimate.
- Check the property details elsewhere. Search for the address, look it up on a map and make sure that everything looks correct.
- Don’t make any payments unless you feel completely comfortable. If you’re ever unsure, do some more research or speak to someone beforehand.